My Latest Tweet

Apr 7, 2009

Exiting Entrecard

I signed up for Entrecard awhile back, and noticed an immediate increase to my blog traffic. There was also an immediate increase to my Adsense revenue...

... by about $0.01 per day. Now when you're not getting much Adsense revenue, ANY cents per day are welcome :) But at what cost?

When I log on to maintain Entrecard (approve ads, click on other cards, search for blogs to place ads on, etc) I am finding that it takes so much time, that it's all I end up doing for my blogs on that day. All for about $0.05 - $0.07 per week?

If the whole Entrecard thing was fun, it wouldn't matter. But to me it's a bit of a job - one that doesn't pay very well!! My time is worth far more than that.

What's your experience been with Entrecard?

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind the time commitment... I have enjoyed seeing new blogs, particularly those that are in my category (I have a craft blog). But I'm close to exiting EC myself. Their recent changes have been done in the worst way possble, and it's really just becoming an unpleasant site to use. It's disappointing, because I was enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about seeing new blogs - that was one of the things that I enjoyed about EC. It wasn't enough for me though... I can find new blogs other ways...

    ReplyDelete